DYSLEXIA AWARENESS DAY
Join Parents, Students and Faculty of Sharp Academy to celebrate
the end of the first school Term and Dyslexia Awareness!
SATURDAY ~ OCTOBER 8
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Outdoor Activities
Children’s Activities & Free Dyslexia Screenings for any student
(children must be supervised by a parent at all times)
- Bouncy House
- $1 Face Painting Sponsored by Sharp Cheer Squad
- $1 Pumpkin Decorating Sponsored by Sharp NHS
11:00 AM - 4:00 PM Indoor Activities
Davies Gymnasium: Guest Speakers for Educator CEU's and Parent Information
- 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Welcome! Raymond Cortez, Principal
Doors Open & Early Seating. Sign up for Experience Dyslexia! Simulations Training. Testimonies about living with Dyslexia from Parents & Students
- 11:30 PM - 12:30 AM Presenters: Lisa Stane & Manda Moralez
Learning Disabilities 101: from diagnostic testing to classroom accommodations, learn how to best help your child.
- 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Presenters: Lisa Stane, Manda Moralez, Ray Cortez & Kathleen Heyd
Experience Dyslexia! Open to parents & educators. Simulations Training Seminar - seating limited seating for 60 participants. Sign up before 1:00 PM in the Gym.